Sunday, May 13, 2012

Plot of the Week 3

Tyler Zeller: Recent Graduate and 2012 ACC player of the year
This weekend I officially graduated and earned my PhD from UNC.  In honor of graduation weekend, I want to look at an interesting plot of another new UNC graduate, Tyler Zeller.  This shows the trend of Points Per Game (PPG) over all 4 of Zeller's seasons.  Thanks to StatSheet.com for the interactive plot.


A few notes:

  1. Zeller was out most of his freshman year with an injury, thus the constant decline in PPG.
  2. He improved in PPG (along with most of the other stats) each of his 4 seasons.
  3. Compared to 2010-2011, Zeller averaged less points in the first half of this past season, but really picked up his scoring once the ACC season began in January.
  4. I love that this is an interactive plot, highlighting the curves and showing specific values when you mouse over it.  I need to learn to make some of these cool plots.
  5. Congrats to Tyler Zeller, my friends from the UNC Department of Statistics and Operations Research that graduated with me, and all of the other UNC students who graduated this weekend! Go Heels!

No comments:

Post a Comment