Sunday, July 15, 2012

Wimbledon 2012 wrap-up

Sorry for the long delay in posting - I'm still alive, but have been extremely busy with the new job.  I have also decided to spend more time on "novel" posts where I analyze the data myself to answer new questions, as these seem to get a much better response from readers.  But these posts take more time to write, so I will not be posting as often.  I am finishing up a new analysis with some data from Wimbledon, and I hope to blog about this soon.  For now, I want to give a quick update on my Wimbledon picks (you can read about my picks here).

First the good news: I correctly picked Serena Williams.  The bad news: I picked Novak Djokovic, but he lost to eventual champion Roger Federer.  So I went 1/2, or 3/4 when combining my 2 correct French Open Picks.  When looking at the ESPN expert picks over these past 2 grand slams, only Chris Evert has correctly picked all 4 champions.

Let's hope I can keep up the steam going into the US Open in August/September.

No comments:

Post a Comment