Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hello world!

So here it is: my first blog post.  I've been thinking about starting a sports statistics blog for a few months, but I've had a few other things on my plate recently.  Now that I've successfully defended my dissertation (you may now call me Dr. Chris) and finished my job search (get ready for me, St. Louis), I thought that now is a great time to get started.

I haven't actually decided on the format of my posts (short or long) or the frequency of updates (daily, weekly, or monthly), so stay patient with me while I figure all of this out.  I hope that all of my posts have two things in common: simplicity and interpretability.  My next post (my first real post) will address both of these issues.  I would like to occasionally have my friends contribute guest posts, but we'll see if I can motivate them to help me out.

I'm not much of a baseball fan, so I'm not trying to become the next Moneyballer.  I'm hoping to write about other sports that aren't as over-analyzed, such as tennis, golf, basketball and swimming.  I hope you stay tuned, since I have some awesome blog posts in mind that you won't want to miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment